Re: CVS changes

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: CVS changes
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:55:57 -0700

On 2006-01-11 18:06:03 -0700 Sheldon Gill <address@hidden> wrote:

How about a 1.11.2-stable (or whatever) branch, open only for bug fixes.

Then it'd be easy for you to make minor releases very regularly and have more time to prepare (iron out issues in) major releases.

I think almost everything that has been done in the past six months could be viewed as a bug fix, so that's not really a good criteria. And I don't want people guessing about it or being bothered with checking in patches to two different branches.

If some one says "this patch is critical", it's easier enough for me to apply it to the branch myself and make a release.