Re: Fiend icons in window list

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: Fiend icons in window list
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:40:56 +0300

Roman Belenov <address@hidden> writes:

> or GNUstep's backend (probably promoting fiend icons to dock status is also
> not a good idea, so I'm not insisting on it - I'm mostly interested on
> reliable *step way to exclude window from window list ).

Answering to myself - it seems that WindowMaker doesn't analyze existing
properties of the windows it starts to manage and obtains them by handling
PropertyNotify events. Thus, setLevel immediately following orderFront is not
processed since events caused by orderFront are not yet sent to window
manager, so it doesn't do bookkeeping for window in question. Short pause
between orderFront and setLevel helps (5ms works on my system) - I use it as a
workaround, though it's definitely BAD way.

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.