Re: Graceful termination again

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Graceful termination again
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:54:01 +0100

On 1/23/06, Roman Belenov <address@hidden> wrote:
> I hacked a bit trying to implement logoff with graceful application
> termination on GNUstep and got some questions:
[...]

The way I see it would be sending a
NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification when "Logout" (or similar) is
clicked to the Workspace / Desktop / Window Manager.

The Manager would then use -launchedApplications to send each
application a terminate message.

Problem is that there currently is no 'real' GNUstep-based XY Manager
that implements the above. This could be "fixed" if (for example)
GWorkspace could also act as a window manager, to replace the 'need'
of Window Maker.

--
Chris