Re: Graceful termination again

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Graceful termination again
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:32:41 +0000

On 24 Jan 2006, at 09:15, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On 1/24/06, David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:
Enrico Sersale schrieb:
[...]
In other words: I want to re-propose a "workspace" daemon that
implements all the NSWorkspace methods that imply distributed
information, leaving all the other things to the normal NSWorkspace
instance.
FWIW...  I think this approach has a lot of merit.

Uhm, yes, but wouldn't that introduce conflicts with a 'real'
Workspace Manager that is actually *supposed* to offer that
functionality?

No need for it to be that way ... the idea in NSWorkspace is to have the workspace manager it contacts be configurable (in the user defaults system). That's very flexible ... for instance if apps are configured to contact GWorkspace, then GWorkspace could be configured to contact a default daemon to perform operations or it could perform the operations internally itsself, and it would make no difference to the apps using the workspace functionality via the NSWorkspace class.