Re: GNUstep moving forward

From: Guilhem BONNEFILLE
Subject: Re: GNUstep moving forward
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:12:02 +0100

Hi,

I'm only a future devel/user, but I think I can add some info.

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 03:46:13 -0700 (PDT)
Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) More apps.  Many of the following points will help with this, but
> this is very important.

When I started to look all around GNUstep, I found that a lot of apps
exists. Lot of them are still in alpha stag, but I think apps exists.
The main difficulties are the lack of centralised "repository". As
explained in the GNUstep home page, there are multiple sources to find
applications (Wiki, specific database, FreshMeat...).
I think that you should elect only one and CLOSE (destroy, burn, ...)
all others because it is very disturbing to have to read more than one
source. In my point of view, FreshMeat should be considered as the only
one searchable database. The wiki should be kept to offer a site for
applications developpers where to host starting page. The specific
database, as it is difficult for an anonymous to post updates on it,
should be closed.

In my point of view, the more important thing on free project is to find
a way to collect all MICRO participations (some who have an idea,
someone who fixed a translation or installation problem, anithing like
this).
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- #UIN: 15146515 JID: address@hidden MSN: