Re: Subversion conversion

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Subversion conversion
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:01:45 +0000

On 29 Jan 2006, at 09:51, Andrew Ruder wrote:

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 09:24:23AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
subversion is still telling me that svn+ssh://address@hidden/svn/
gnustep/trunk' doesn't exist

are we still waiting for people at gna.org to do something?

I am CC'ing this to the mailing list so that everyone can read this when
it finally makes it around the list.

Nah, we just have a slightly different layout of the repository. What I
would recommend is this.  First, setup svn.gna.org in your .ssh/config
so that you can checkout with just svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/... (this is
required because that's what the externals inside the repository point
to... i.e. when you check out devmodules/core, there is a property set
on that directory that tells it to checkout
svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk into a subdirectory
called "gui". )  For example, my .ssh/config contains:

Host svn.gna.org
        User aeruder

Which tells ssh to use the aeruder user automatically when I connect to
that host.  Then what you'll want to checkout is

svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules/core

for just the equivalent of what used to be core or

svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules

for something that is nearer to checking out the old CVS root.

Hope that helps... It sucks very much that the weekend we decided to do this the gnu mailing lists seem to be crudded out. Feel free to mail me questions off list if you need something answered in a timely manner...
(or maybe the mailing lists are only acting up for me?)

Thanks ... worked on my debian system.
Doesn't work for me on windows though (using subversion 1.3 downloaded from tigris.org) ... the checkout just hangs. Do you know how to get it working on windows?