Re: Source code move to SVN

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: Source code move to SVN
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:26:34 -0600

On 1/29/06, Andy Ruder <address@hidden> wrote:
> Adam and everybody else,
>
> Gregory and I have been working together to figure out a problem with
> the svn repos.  We have discovered that several hundred of the files
> in CVS have been added without the -kb flag (binary files).  We are
> working to correct this problem, and I think I have made a patch to
> cvs2svn that will mostly correct the conversion issues, but I fear a
> reimport may be needed.

I believe I have corrected this problem by allowing cvs2svn to accept
a list of files which it then can force binary mode.  My preliminary
tests have been positive, but I am going to do a full set of diffs on
every single project to verify that cvs2svn is doing what I hope it
is.  Between the corrupted RCS files, the incorrectly added binary
files, and the mailing lists dying, things have been a little rough
getting this transition made, but I think its nearly there. :)

- Andy

P.S. The patches to cvs2svn are growing rather long:

http://dump.aeruder.net/patches/cvs2svn-everything-gnustep.patch

Makes me very curious how many problems gcc ran into making the
initial transition. :)