Re: Source code move to SVN

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Source code move to SVN
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:22:44 +0100

Andy Ruder wrote:

> Gregory and I have been working together to figure out a problem with
> the svn repos.  We have discovered that several hundred of the files
> in CVS have been added without the -kb flag (binary files).  We are
> working to correct this problem, and I think I have made a patch to
> cvs2svn that will mostly correct the conversion issues, but I fear a
> reimport may be needed.

If you do a reimport, could you please make sure to preserve the changes
I already made inside of SVN? It would be a shame if my changes would be
the victim of the initial SVN problems. Please remember I was the one
that warned that some smaller problems are very likely to pop up in the
first two weeks and that we should not be using SVN without a test
phase. This was voted down, but now I seem to be the only one actually
using SVN :-)

BTW, will we have mails for SVN code changes again? It was a rather nice
feature just to see if an update was worthwhile or not.