Re: Status of move to subversion?

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: Status of move to subversion?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:56:00 -0600

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 02:06:41PM +0100, Marcus Müller wrote:
> Ok, tried to check out the (core) modules with  `svn co http://
> svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/modules/` which does work ... but only with
> the http method. Using the svn method still gives a "svn: Malformed
> network data" error ... strange. But I don't mind too much, http is
> fine anyways.

Yea, I think someone over at gna needs to give the svnserve process a
reboot, I noticed that problem yesterday with svn://.  The http:// is
probably a safer bet in any case (and in fact, when you download
/modules/core and it downloads all the subprojects, it is actually doing
that via http:// ;)

Actually, as a little experiment, I just typed

telnet svn.gna.org 3690 (the svnserve port)
and it looks like someone goofed up some perms or something ;)

Anyway, I've just let the gna.org people know, but in the meantime just
continue using http and/or svn+ssh.

Cheers,
Andy

--