Build Process using MingW32

From: Joshua Pennington
Subject: Build Process using MingW32
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:49:35 -0600

Does anyone know how to build GNUstep on Windows XP, using MSYS/MingW32? I've been at it for a while now, but I'm having problems with dependencies, namely libxml.

If anyone has built GNUstep recently, I really need the help. Here's the process I've used:

Built ffcall (configure; make; make install). No errors.
Built libtiff (configure; make; make install). No errors.
Built iconv (configure; make; make install). No errors with --disable-shared. libxml2 (configure; make) Errors in SAX.c. While running ./configure it says it cannot determine the type of socket length (socklen_t), but continues configuring.

Versions:

gcc 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
ffcall-1.10
tiff-3.8.0