what to do now? (was: Re: Graceful termination again)

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: what to do now? (was: Re: Graceful termination again)
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 14:17:13 +0200

GWorkspace, if used in the role of NSWorkspace "workspace application" can now
return in -launchedApplications the list of all the running apps.
As a side effect of this and of all the work that Richard has done in
NSWorkspace, NSApplication, etc.., we have now also a working implementation of
-hideOtherApplications: and -unhideAllApplications:.

But now my problem is how to implement all the "graceful termination" stuff; I suppose
that I should add a "Logout" menu and send a NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification through
the NSWorkspace notification center; but, unlike NSApplicationWillTerminateNotification, for
NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification you must explicitly add your application delegate as a observer
of this notification; this means that *all* the actually existing GNUstep applications will not
work...
Moreover, I can't find any Apple documentation about this.
Last question: which is the role of -extendPowerOffBy: in all this mechanism?