Re: System & System Extension color lists

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: System & System Extension color lists
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 00:04:11 -0500

On Feb 6, 2006, at 11:25 PM, Sheldon Gill wrote:

Hi,

Saving of the color list

At the moment, in NSColor.m -> initSystemColors()

If there is no previously saved System color list, it will automatically write one out.

I'd like to change this. That is:
if there is no previously saved list, we don't simply write a default one
  out but rather rely on the initialiser every time.

What rationale?

(Playing devil's advocate, I can imagine the writing of the default one speeding future startups and being useful to give the user something to edit, although clearly things should move towards a Preferences.app style approach to customization.)