Re: svn+ssh on mingw32?

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: svn+ssh on mingw32?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:45:21 +0800

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I expect so ... but the question is ... why?
My ssh connection works fine.
svn+ssh works fine on linux.
So the issue must be something to do with the subversion client ... my guess is
it's not picking up the ssh configuration from ~/.ssh for some reason, but I
haven't figured out how/why that can be the case.  I also don't see how a
problem with the command-line client could also effect the TortoiseSVN stuff
... which I configured completely independently using Putty stuff rather than
OpenSSH stuff.  That's two different ssh implementations being used and both
giving the same error.

Maybe this will help:

export SVN_SSH=ssh -l rfm -i ~/.ssh/your_key

Have you checked that using plink gets you an authenticated connection?

Incidentally, are you running any firewall software on your machine? I've come across some which rely on the process name for permissions. I've also come across virus-scanner/security tools which don't play too nicely. Suspect them as well.

Regards,
Sheldon