Re: svn+ssh on mingw32?

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: svn+ssh on mingw32?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:31:14 -0600

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 07:15:20PM +0800, Sheldon Gill wrote:
> Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> >>Maybe this will help:
> >>
> >>export SVN_SSH=ssh -l rfm -i ~/.ssh/your_key
> >
> >Thanks ... but I've just now got it working, and I'm inclined to stick
> >with what I've got.
> >
> >I edited 'C:/Documents and Settings/richard/Application
> >Data/Subversion/config'  and added a line to explicitly specify the path
> >to my mingw32/msys copy of ssh ...
> >
> >'ssh = $SVN_SSH C:/msys/1.0/bin/ssh.exe'
>
> Actually, editing [tunnels] in subversion config was my next suggestion.
>
> For what its worth, here's a summary for getting PuTTY going:
>
> * download and install svn client
> * download and install putty, plink, pageant...
>
>   Make sure both are in your path somewhere. I like \Program Files\Bin\
>
> * Generate a key using puttygen
>   (It can also import existing keys from elsewhere...)
>   Save it somewhere as <keyfile.ppk>
>
> * Tell GNA.org about the key and wait an hour
> * Check ssh access
>
>   plink -v -ssh -l <username> -i <keyfile.ppk> svn.gna.org
>
> * Edit Subversion configuration %USERPROFILE%\Application
> Data\Subversion\config
>
>   [tunnels]
>   putty = plink -ssh -l <username>
>
> * Launch pageant and add your key
>
> * Check subversion access
>
>   svn list svn+putty://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep

You'll probably want to figure out how to get it so you can checkout
with svn+ssh.  The /devmodules is configured such that it checks the
externals out with svn+ssh.  I got windows working and booted into this
morning, when I get home this evening, hopefully I am able to check
things out (no pun intended) ;)

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder