Re: Subversion problems on windows

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: Re: Subversion problems on windows
Date: 09 Feb 2006 12:45:42 -0800

Jeremy Bettis <address@hidden> writes:

> Derek Zhou wrote:

> > Yes, remove them all! All sane editors under windows can cope with unix
> > style LF automatically anyway. I don't think anybody here is using
> > notepad or vc.net, right? Derek
> >

> I disagree.  The svn:eol-native property is good!  It also keeps the
> CR characters out when new commits are done.  Just don't set that
> property on non-ascii files.
Most sane Unix editors can cope with windows CR/LF automatically too;
as long as no one is mixing styles in the same file, everyone should be
fine. If the style is mixed up within the same file, even "eol-native"
can not guranty to do the right thing anyway. My suggestion is the
origin author of a file decides which style this file should be, be it
windows or unix or mac, and everybody just follow the convention
within this file.
Having to keep track of which file is ascii and which file is binary
is tedious.

Derek