FOSS Mediation Manual -- Lowering the Bar.

From: Alex Perez
Subject: FOSS Mediation Manual -- Lowering the Bar.
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:28:36 -0800

I saw this posted on another FOSS mailing list today, and read over it. I think we could benefit from some of the things they suggest, as GNU Classpath already has.

Full text follows:

"Dear OPL developers,

I wrote some guidelines that should help FOSS projects getting more lively and lowering the barrier for new developers to join. You can find them in form of a small manual here http://projects.mi.fu-berlin.de/w/bin/view/SE/ThesisFOSSIMMediationManual.

These ideas are the result of work for my bachelor thesis and have been used successfully at the GNU Classpath project. If the topic is of interest to you, I would be happy to receive criticism and comments concerning the manual or the general idea.

For further discussion I have set up a mailing-list (use http://lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de/mailman/listinfo/mediation_manual to subscribe or address@hidden to post unsubscribed). Please send your feedback to this list but if you have reasons to contact me directly then just reply to this mail. In case you answer to your project"s mailing list please CC me.

Best regards
Robert Schuster"