Re: libgnustep-base split proposal

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: libgnustep-base split proposal
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 17:52:16 -0800

Riccardo wrote:

On Sunday, February 26, 2006, at 03:49 PM, Chris Vetter wrote:

Uhm ... 'scuse me, this is all good and stuff, BUT...

... NOT everyone is using GNUstep on a system that adheres to a _LINUX_ specific "standard". Bash me, if you want, I just checked the FHS' web site, and as far as I can see, the only system this so called standard is targeting is Linux. Or rather the other way around, Linux is the only system 'using' the FHS. So calling the FHS a standard is a bit over the top.

Finally, some wise words. Also, on other systems, FHS looks a bit out of place.

See helge's words. I'm not advocating that FHS be used on all OS', including BSDs which do not adhere to the FHS. Don't be stupid, guys.

-R