Re: Two NSFileManager questions

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Two NSFileManager questions
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:24:26 -0800

Enrico Sersale wrote:
On 2006-03-09 10:55:20 +0200 Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 Mar 2006, at 13:32, Enrico Sersale wrote:

2) I can't find a way to remove broken symlinks; - removeFileAtPath:: doesn't work in this case.

I can't see why this shouldn't work for you ... the code looks OK and the method works fine for me.

This was a GWorkspace bug; fixed. I was assuming that -fileExistsAtPath: doesn't traverse the link but refers to the symbolic link itself.

Enrico,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for being so responsive in fixing GWorkspace bugs. Secondly, I'd just like to request that your replies to bugreports be a little bit more explicit in whether or not the bugreport is what caused you to find the issue, or whether it had *previously* been fixed in SVN. Thanking people for reports makes it clear their report was useful once a bug has been fixed, and that they are not duplicating efforts.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Alex Perez