Re: FOSS Mediation Manual -- Lowering the Bar.

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: FOSS Mediation Manual -- Lowering the Bar.
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:31:02 -0800

Adam Fedor wrote:
On 2006-02-22 22:28:36 -0700 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

I wrote some guidelines that should help FOSS projects getting more lively and lowering the barrier for new developers to join. You can find them in form of a small manual here http://projects.mi.fu-berlin.de/w/bin/view/SE/ThesisFOSSIMMediationManual.

Sounds great to me. I think some effort has been put into answering questions on the Wiki and in the FAQ, but it could be more organized. I just wonder if there is any volunteer to do this...

I just want to clarify that *I* did not write those guidelines, and your reply mis-quoted me. The original e-mail I sent had the statement above in quotes and was directly cited as being from another individual. I write this reply only in the interest of full disclosure and since I want to make sure that fair credit is given where credit is due, in this case to Robert Schuster, who wrote the FOSS mediation manual.

Cheers,
Alex Perez