Re: libgnustep-base split proposal

From: Hubert Chan
Subject: Re: libgnustep-base split proposal
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:58:06 -0000

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:29:55 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden>
said:

> Maybe all we really need here is FHS support in the make package so
> you can opt to install in FHS locations? And lots of publicity so
> people know about it.

FWIW, Debian is currently handling the FHS issue by using a script to
move files around after they are installed by gnustep-make, and using
lots of symlinks.  (This is just for packages installed by dpkg,
installed into the System domain.  Packages that are manually installed
just using gnustep-make are installed normally.)

So under Debian, there is a /usr/lib/libgnustep-base.so.1.11, and other
libraries can be found under /usr/lib too.

But if gnustep-make had better support for FHS locations, that would be
helpful too.

--
Hubert Chan <address@hidden> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA