Re: testsuite bug category

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: testsuite bug category
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:17:16 +0000

On 19 Mar 2006, at 16:52, Matt Rice wrote:

any chance we could create a testsuite bug category?

I was thinking if we could populate it with bugs
referencing bug numbers needing test cases in the
testsuite

and we could try and enlist someone to help scouring
the lists for past bugs which may need test cases

which could be a good job for someone who would like
to help but isn't up to coding

seems like alot of effort, but might help catch some
regressions in the future...

I like the idea ...

If we can get anyone to write the testcases it would be really good ... and people relatively unfamiliar with the code can generally still write decent testcases as we are looking at tiny, well defined, issues.

I tried to get people to write testcases some years ago, and pretty much gave up, concluding that people just didn't want to do it ... but it's probably time to try again ... the new testsuite uses ObjC rather than Guile and that's got to make it less daunting for people to try out.