Re: RSS feed for GNUstep SVN repository?

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: RSS feed for GNUstep SVN repository?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:11:21 -0600

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:05:44AM -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:
> svn's revision number is incremented for every commit to the whole
> repository. So how does one find out the next real commit to a specific
> project, (like base, make)? I guess I can make a script to increment
> my local revision one by one and parse the svn output to find out if
> things are really changed or not; this just doesn't sound very
> elegent.

There are many ways to do this.  For example,

svn log http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base --limit 5

would show the last 5 commits under /libs/base.  Something like

svn info http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base

gives two important pieces of information.

a.) The current global revision number
b.) The last revision that had a change to a file/directory under this
path.

It would be quite trivial to whip up a perl script which checks for
newer revisions via svn info and then goes through the svn log command
for the information.  Keep in mind that a lot of svn commands have a
--xml argument to dump out xml if you'd prefer that.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder
http://www.aeruder.net