Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r22892 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Documentation/G

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r22892 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Documentation/GuiUser/DefaultsSummary.gsdoc Source/GSDragView.m Source/NSApplication.m
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 00:41:55 +0200

Hi Quentin,

Quentin Mathé wrote:
> Le 10 mai 06 à 23:48, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
>
> I think it could be better to phrase the key 'GSDontShowAppIcon' in  an
> affirmative way, just 'GSShowAppIcon'. It seems to be the usual  rule
> with boolean choice in UI and API. To me, it looks more easy to  grasp
> also when you are reading about the various keys described in
> DefaultsSummary. Moreover we have already 'NSShowNonLocalizedStrings'
> using an affirmative phrasing.
> Well, perhaps it's just me getting too picky ;-)

you might be right here, a positive phrasing may sound better. My main
reason to do it that way was to stick with the original patch, by Saso.
But then it was not the only reason, it is also easier to check that
way, as the default, when the option is no specified at all, should be
to show the icon. This also means that when you want to show the icon,
you don't have to provide a setting, an option is only needed to switch
it off. That's why I did stick with the way Saso decided to do it.

Cheers