Re: Re: WildMenus and layering...

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Re: WildMenus and layering...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:56:07 -0700

On 7/13/06, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

You might look at setting

_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL
for window managers that support EWMH.  Although I think the GNOME
panels might do something like set the window type/level, I'm not
really sure that's what you want. Either case, you might have to hack
the backend and possible define an interface between the front and
backend (gui/back) to get it to work transparently from GNUstep.

 If you use EtoileMenuServer from Etoile project (www.etoie-project.org),
 the _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL is set.
 You can get some screenshot here: http://www.etoile-project.org/etoile/blog/
 You have to compile EtoileMenuServer with 'make x11=yes' in order to work.
 It is still experimental, though.

 Yen-Ju