Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:41:53 -0500

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:02:01PM -0600, Adam Fedor wrote:
> I narrowed it down to one method, but that doesn't really help much.
> On the solaris, I'm still using the 2.95 compiler, mostly to check for
> backward compatibility. Perhaps I should just upgrade and start
> deprecating support for gcc 2.95?

The way I see it, gcc 3.0 was released on June 18, 2001.  This is more
than 5 years ago.  In the technology world, that is a very long, long
time.  If there's really platforms that don't have gcc 3 or higher,
maybe it is just time for those platforms to be depracated (or they can
use an older version of gnustep).

Just my two cents,
Andy
--