Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:23:32 -0600

On 2006-08-13 02:29:04 -0600 Riccardo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

On Friday, August 11, 2006, at 12:27 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I am not that sure about this. gcc 2.95 is a very old version, but it
still has its own merits. It was the most popular release before the
re-architecture and in many cases it is still faster than the later gcc releases. It also is in some cases the only version of gcc at hand. (I
had to learn this when trying to do cross compilation of GNUstep)

I agree here. Sensing the hint of Gregory I would go as far as considering 2.95 bugs non-critical, but trying not to actively break 2.95 and officially supporting it in the core stuff I mentioned in the previous email.

I think that is our plan. We'll try to fix anything we can, but not delay a release if something is broken on 2.95.