Re: Need to make an unstable release for Debian by 8/26

From: Hubert Chan
Subject: Re: Need to make an unstable release for Debian by 8/26
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:43:29 -0600

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:46:44 -0700 (PDT), Gregory John Casamento
<address@hidden> said:

> The Debian package maintainer will not be available from 9/1-9/17, so
> it cuts that time out of the time we would have had to stabilize
> things. :/

Just to clarify, things can be unstable (in terms of crashing/broken
functionality).  As long as programs that are compiled with the release
that you make next week will be able to work with the next stable
release without needing to be recompiled.  (i.e. binary compatibility
should not break between next week's release and the next stable
release.)

Thanks for your work, Greg.  I hope I'm not rushing you too much.

Hubert