Re: GUI/Gorm code freeze

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GUI/Gorm code freeze
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:26:53 -0600

On 2006-08-28 01:44:33 -0600 Chris B. Vetter <address@hidden> wrote:

I was asking because I got a couple of classes that are 'missing' in
GNUstep, that I'd like to 'hand over' to GNUstep directly, most of all
NSNetServices and I usually put everything under a dual BSD/(L)GPL and
I'm not very keen on signing anything (in general).
However, if there's interest in at least adding NSNetServices, and
signing is a requirement for inclusion, I'll do so.

If it definitely can be separated from other classes and doesn't need, for instance, additions or changes to base library classes to work (other than correct implementation of the classes as documented, of course), then I think that would be OK. Putting this 'under GNUstep' would help as it can be documented and distributed in one place and that avoids a lot of the problems people have just getting GNUstep working.

I just have to figure out how to handle the repository - typically I require someone to have an FSF assignment to get write access to SVN. Perhaps setting up a separate, non-FSF repository would work for this kind of stuff.