Re: Removing all remaining distinction between shared, debug, profile an

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Removing all remaining distinction between shared, debug, profile and static libs/executables
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 04:39:05 +0100 (BST)

I'm agree with what Andy is saying.

Later, GJC

--Gregory Casamento

----- Original Message ----
From: Andrew Ruder <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2006 11:09:51 PM
Subject: Re: Removing all remaining distinction between shared, debug, profile
and static libs/executables

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:47:07PM +0200, Nicola Pero wrote:
> Anyway, if anyone has any comments before I do all this simplification,
> please let me know :-)

I'm very much for this change.  However, why not go one step further and
have the -g standard?  If you want non-debug versions you just do make
strip=yes or something similar.  With all the people compiling gnustep
source anyways, why not leverage the ability to have backtraces on
almost everybody with problems?  The distros can do the stripping if
they want...

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder <address@hidden>