Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:30:14 +0200

On 2006-09-10 07:30:15 +0200 Patrick McFarland <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday 10 September 2006 00:21, Adam Fedor wrote:
RMS has offered to put something on the gnu.org home page about
GNUstep. Any ideas what we should say or ask for? I had mentioned that
we are trying to organize a desktop.
Honestly, I'd ask him to save the offer for maybe another few years. Advertising for something that doesn't exist and has a strong chance of not existing is stupid, and will only sour relations with potential users.

You are right in assuming that people with a potential interest in looking for a GNUstep-based *desktop*environment* would be pretty pissed if there was an ad for 'vaporware' -- however, you *should* keep in mind that originally GNUstep was supposed to be the development (and desktop?) environment of choice for the GNU operating system...

--
Chris