Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:00:47 +0200

On 10.09.2006, at 21:34, Helge Hess wrote:

On Sep 10, 2006, at 18:19, Nicola Pero wrote:
Good point ... I'm afraid I was thinking of the "server-side" Java. ;-)

I mean, you know all those "enterprise applications" that have no GUI --
or that have a web interface as the user interface. :-)

Well, for the advertisement. What would you say, _why_ is GNUstep good for that? :-)

Eg Ruby tries to get into that market by allowing the user to contruct flashy web 2.0 apps in a few minutes (and they do not seem to succeed). Do we have a similiar unique feature which could drive enterprise people to try GNUstep?

These people are not exactly waiting for yet another cross-platform framework. IMO the only chance for GNUstep to get some wider adoption is to focus on the desktop paradigm for X11 based Unices. But then again, we had this discussion for a very long time...

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip