Re: question to backend/gui guru...

From: xavier . glattard
Subject: Re: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:09:28 +0200

Gregory,

Thanks for your answer.

I dont want to make a 'gnustep application', but an 'application
using gnustep' ;-)
Actually i want to make a tiny 3D game in objective C. You may see
that as a training (for me) and a test of the efficiency of
objective c for that kind of application. SDL is imho a good choice
for a game, and gnustep is a good choice for objective C.

Basically i need a simple cross-platform multimedia library, with
_joystick_support_, fullscreen display, custom resolution... Gnustep
cant do that, but can do many other useful things. And I'd like to
write some code that might be run/resuse later on a full gnustep
system, and then i have to write some NS-compatible classes.
In brief I need something like a NSApplication class that does not
need any NSWindow object. I could (try to) write it from scratch,
but i'd prefer reuse gnustep classes if i can : they are better than
anything i could make...

TIA

Xavier