Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:06:26 +0200

On Sep 11, 2006, at 21:07, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
Well, maybe was the phrasing slightly suboptimal, but not the message behind it ... ;-) Besides, we don't have a desktop (yet) and never will because some project members don't want GNUstep to become a desktop in the first place.

I didn't say that your writing was wrong or that the phrasing was suboptimal. I just think that you put things out of context.

Why do you think do we have "nothing to advertise successfully" after all those years?
<snip>

I'm not quite sure whether you read my mail. All your points are good but thats a different thread, and one which I'm not very motivated to discuss again ;-) In fact thats what I liked about Nicola's proposal, it suggests to do something with the things we actually do have, right now, instead of arguing about what GNUstep could be.

Anyway, what would be your proposal?

I've no proposal which is why I _asked_ for suggestions on how it would be possible to turn Nicola's idea into something which can be advertised. I'm kinda confused why you reask the same question to me.

Helge
--
Helge Hess
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/