Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:10:45 +0200

Chris Vetter wrote:
On 2006-09-12 13:38:40 +0200 Gürkan Sengün <address@hidden> wrote:

Indeed, especially if it looks like something I am used to, say
NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP, Windows or Mac OS X. Please pretty please,
don't make new themes, new looks, another "we are gnome, we
are cool", "we are KDE, we are new", "whatever new thing
that is just ugly".

You're absolutely right, however that is one of the major drawbacks for GNUstep
-- that it DOESN'T look like KDE, GNOME or XFCE.

Or should I say "doesn't try to imitate Windows" ???

Most people are USED to the Windows look and feel, they are NOT used (anymore)
to the look of NeXT (or OSX for that matter).

Maybe we should win on brains/quality instead of looks...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=inDepthNews&storyID=2006-08-30T130311Z_01_PEK290182_RTRUKOC_0_US-CHINA-SURGERY.xml
http://marshallbrain.com/discard3.htm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64857-2004May28.html