Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:22:41 +0200 (CEST)

>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>
>> Just good will and appealing to it alone is not enough. Thats maybe
>> makes you feel better but you won't reach a single target that way.
>
> Well, it will draw attention, at least.  A lot of people will examine
> the website and some of them might find the project interesting.
> Others might discover that GNUstep is a liberation effort and may
> decide to join, just like the GNU Classpath has attracted developers
> (that are freedom fighters).  And  I really hope that it will attract
> users, they're desperately needed.

I have to agree with Yavor here.  I mean remember the advert/notice is
supposed
to go on the GNU website!  People reading the advert will be exactly the
kind of
people who Yavor mentions, ie, GNU advocates, "freedom fighters" (or wannabe
freedom fighters). :-)

And I would really welcome a few more of those freedom fighters, because
they are
usually very committed to changing things for the better, and work hard.

By the way, that's more or less how I got involved in GNUstep ... ;-)

Thanks