Re: question to backend/gui guru...

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:29:07 +0200

Hi,

On 12.09.2006, at 11:29, address@hidden wrote:
Some of the classes i might use :
(picked up from
www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/)

NSColor*
NSCursor
NSEvent
NSFileWrapper
NSFont*, NSGlyph*
NSImage*
NSGraphicsContext
NSOpenGL*
NSResponder
NSScreen
NSSound

At least NSResponder and NSEvent will be very useful.

If you use SDL and its event handling then you don't need those classes as well as NSGraphicsContext , NSOpenGL* and friends. Also, how would you want to use NSFont* and NSGlyph* in an OpenGL context?

I assume it is a lot easier to use SDL for all this stuff rather than tweaking gui to work w/ SDL. You are still able to use base, of course. I've done that myself.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip