Re: make help

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: make help
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:36:18 +0200 (CEST)

> I would like to see either or both:
>
> info gnustep-make
> man gnustep-make

Good idea ... :-)

> PS: I wouldn't mind
>
> make gnustep-help
>
> Even though I don't really like inventing a new technique to get at
> documentation.

What I wanted to get is some equivalent to

 mytool --help

ie, something that the confused new user could do to know
how to drive gnustep-make ... eg, mention messages=yes,
debug=no, GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR=xxx and the few other
commonly used options.

Unfortunately, we can't use 'make --help' ;-)

I suppose we might want to always print a line saying
which version of gnustep-make is running, and some info
on how to get help.  That should probably do it. :-)

Thanks