Re: gnustep release numbers

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gnustep release numbers
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:30:08 +0100

On 4 Oct 2006, at 11:51, Helge Hess wrote:

Hi,

could we please change the numbering scheme for GNUstep releases?

In my understanding:
Currently when Adam does a release he bumps the soname version (eg from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0) in trunk and then tags the release. That means after the release, trunk will continue carrying that tag.

I propose a simple modification: Also bump the version after a release so that trunk libs can be identified properly.

I proposed somethog similar back in August ...