RE: gnustep release numbers

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: gnustep release numbers
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:37:57 +0200 (CEST)

> could we please change the numbering scheme for GNUstep releases?
>
> In my understanding:
> Currently when Adam does a release he bumps the soname version (eg
> from 1.12.0 to 1.13.0) in trunk and then tags the release. That means
> after the release, trunk will continue carrying that tag.
>
> I propose a simple modification: Also bump the version after a
> release so that trunk libs can be identified properly.

Yes ... there is a problem with version numbers at the moment. :-/

Ie, if you take the current gnustep-make from trunk, it will have
GNUSTEP_MAKE_VERSION = 1.13.0.  But it's /not/ 1.13.0.  There have
been lots of changes since 1.13.0.

I'm not sure about the exact numbering scheme we want to use though.

Thanks