Re: exception panel userInfo browser

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: exception panel userInfo browser
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:31:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Richard Frith-Macdonald
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 27 Oct 2006, at 10:38, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > hope I did not block you by not replying. I was
> away this week and
> > gave
> > up on reading mails while travelling some time
> ago.

no not really

> > To me this patch looks great so go ahead. What
> could be added is
> > translatability of the texts, but this is missing
> in the whole
> > file. We
> > need to add this at some point in time, not now.
>
> I have to confess to not having reviewed the code at
> all ... but I
> heartily approve of the idea.
> Maybe it's the geek in me, but I really like having
> little bits of
> semi-hidden functionality in the gui ... stuff
> that's useful for
> experts but not much good to naive users and
> shouldn't clutter the
> normally visible gui.

well the browser delegate code isn't very pretty or
the best tested,

mainly because i want to be able to browse things
which return property list descriptions which are not
normal collection classes of NSDictionary/NSArray
(I think NSSet should probably be added)

this leads to some interesting behaviour e.g.

browsing may show the incorrect class for non-top
level
objects, I was considering maybe adding a button,
'view property list representation' or something.

and insertion of placeholder nodes for arrays
e.g.
array = (foo, bar, "NSArray");

anyhow i guess i'll commit as any changes should be
isolated to the browser delegate..