Art backend and GSReadRect

From: Mark Tracy
Subject: Art backend and GSReadRect
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:19:46 -0800

I'm having a problem with exporting bitmaps with the art backend. (I reported this on the bugtracker, but have not seen a response in a month.) The code that I'm using is:
  [aView lockFocus];
NSBitmapImageRep * rep = [[NSBitmapImageRep alloc] initWithFocusedViewRect: [aView bounds]];
  [aView unlockFocus];
I have not moved or resized the bounds, yet the image data is offset. This happens for any view I happen to select. At one time the offset was (5,5) but after updating to svn rev 24210 the offset is (1,1).

This did not happen in back-0.11.0 and it does not happen when I use the xlib backend.

The method call used in NSBitmapImageRep, that returns the bitmap data is [GSCurrentContext() GSReadRect: rect]; When I diffed the art portions of back-0.11.0 against HEAD, I saw that a lot of code had been changed relating to coordinate computations, but that ReadRect.m is unchanged.

So, would whomever is maintaining the art backend, please take a look at that section. Else I'll have to do my own hacking, and I don't fully understand what is going on in there.

Cheers,
Mark Tracy