Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r24182 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ./ Documentation/manual/

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r24182 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ./ Documentation/manual/
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:14:02 +0100

I had a short look at the documentation file for controls, as I needed
some information on NSControl and why not look at our own documentation
now that we have it? What I noticed is that some of the description of
the takeValueFrom mechanism could be a little bit misleading. A reader
could think that a permanent connection is created between two controls
here that leads to the second control being updated when the first one
changes. This is only true, when the takeValueFrom: method is the action
method of the first control and thereby called each time the control
changes.
Looks like a bit of reviewing of this great new manual will be needed. I
would like to suggest all GNUstep developers take some time to review
this document and add corrections and enhancements while doing so. I
will add my own enhancement for NSControl as soon as I come up with a
nice English sentence for it. :-)

Cheers,
Fred