Re: Win32 Cairo backend : strange behavior...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Win32 Cairo backend : strange behavior...
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:53:56 -0700

On Dec 22, 2006, at 6:26 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Selon David Wetzel <address@hidden>:

Xavier wrote:
I dont understand how a std output can corrupt a program or
change the result of an opengl(glitz) call.

IMHO the reason of all this is either :
 - a gcc 4.1 bug
 - a mingw bug
 - a video driver bug
 - a wrong library configuration
 - a thread conflict
 - another weird thing i cant understand

Here is a try with gdb in a case where Gorm cant start and ends
with 'couldn't find ARGB32 surface format' (exit 1).
See a full backtrace below - i dont understand anything :o\
The call came from ntdll.dll, from atioglxx.dll, from libglitz-1.exe, from ntdll.dll, from atioglxx.dll, from -[NSTableView highlightSelectionInClipRect:]
But first gdb gives a warning :
  warning: HEAP[Gorm.exe]:
warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlReAllocateHeap ( 003D0000, 014C53A0 )
My gdb seems buggy :-\

This seems more like a memory error that is corrupting the heap or the stack. Also, possibly a header conflict (two conflicting headers for the same library).

I see a call to 'ntdll!RtlFreeThreadActivationContextStack'
Could it be a thread conflict error ?

Gorm GSBackend is default to 'GlitzCairo-012', that's the name
of my backend. But each time i launch Gorm, i get :
'Did not find correct version of backend, falling back to std.'
I dont know what that means. Could it be the reason ?
Same message with Calculator or GFractal examples
(the last is very very sloooooowww)

You need to set the GSBackend name to just 'GlitzCairo'. The gui searches for the matching version number by appending the gui version number to the GSBackend name.