Re: disabled text field drawing/colors/theming...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: disabled text field drawing/colors/theming...
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:41:46 +0000

On 27 Dec 2006, at 15:33, Matt Rice wrote:

<bug-13916.diff>

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?13916

mainly wondering about theming, we could use the normal white background and just use the disabledControlTextColor
or hard code the lightGray color (i'd prefer not to for themeing)
or add another named color (extension disabledControlColor or disabledTextFieldColor something)
or other comments on the patch...
<bug-13916.diff>

I would have thought that a disabled controlBackgroundColor be the correct color to use for the background of a disabled text field ... as if the 'paper' of the field was no longer there.

Using disabledControltextColor would presumably be very bad ... as it would mean you draw background and text with the same color, and make the text unreadable.

Of course, the idea of disabled text fields being equivalent to the paper being taken away (so there is nothing to draw on) may be unintuitive to others ... but it does has the practical advantage of not needing a new system color.