Re: Test base library stable branch please

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Test base library stable branch please
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 15:27:58 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald schrieb:
> Could people please make an effort to check out the stable branch
> (http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/libs/base/branches/base-1_13_0/)
> of the base library from subversion and check that none of the
> backported bugfixes is faulty.
>
> I would like to make a bugfix release early in January... and we
> obviously need to do some testing.
>
> If anyone knows of any bugfixes (that's fixes only, not changes/
> additions) in trunk which have not been backported and should be,
> please let me know.

I've build:
make-1_13_0
base-1_13_0 (from branches as opposed to tags)
gui-0_11_0
back-0_11_0
gorm-1_1_0
gdl2 (trunk which I hope to release once the next wave of core releases
is out)

And these are my test results:
      2 COMPILEFAIL
COMPILEFAIL: SelfContainedHeaders/GNUstepBase/GSIArray.h.m
COMPILEFAIL: SelfTests/compile.m
(These are supposed to fail)

    516 COMPLETED
      1 Connection
     12 FAIL
PASS: +[NSNumberFormatter alloc] returns a NSNumberFormatter
FAIL: default format same as Cocoa
FAIL: round up for fractional part >0.5
FAIL: round down for fractional part <0.5
FAIL: numeric and space padding OK
FAIL: prefix and suffix used properly
FAIL: negativeFormat used for -ve number
PASS: notANumber special case
FAIL: format string of length 1
COMPLETED: base/NSNumberFormatter/basic.m
(I suppose these haven't backported)

PASS: NSURL +alloc returns an NSURL
PASS: NSURL +fileURLWithPath: returns an NSURL
PASS: NSURL +URLWithString: returns an NSURL
PASS: Can put a pound sign in a file URL
PASS: Scheme of file URL is file
PASS: Can load a page from www.w3.org
PASS: Status of load is 200 for www.w3.org
FAIL: URL with 'this isn't a URL' returns nil
PASS: Status of load is 404 for www.w3.org/silly-file-name
PASS: Scheme of http://www.w3.org/silly-file-name is http
PASS: Host of http://www.w3.org/silly-file-name is www.w3.org
PASS: Path of http://www.w3.org/silly-file-name is /silly-file-name
COMPLETED: base/NSURL/basic.m

FAIL: first item is selected by default
COMPLETED: gui/NSPopUpButton/defaultSelection.m

PASS: browser initially contains all files
PASS: browser is reloaded after -setDelegate:
FAIL: browser contains all files after resetting delegate
PASS: browser is reloaded after -setDelegate: (2)
COMPLETED: gui/NSSavePanel/setDelegate_reload.m

And the following tests which ares supposed to fail:
FAIL: SelfTests/crash.m
FAIL: Dummy failing test.

     66 HINWEIS
   5668 PASS
      1 Server

I've also played a bit with GDL2 the palette in Gorm but noticed nothing
that seemed to be an issue with -base.

Cheers,
David

PS: I still believe we should adopt a naming convention for branches
which includes only major and minor version numbers and use subminor
numbers soley for taging releases from the branches.
e.g.:

.../libs/branches/base-1_11
.../libs/branches/base-1_12
.../libs/branches/base-1_13
.../libs/tags/base-1_11_0
.../libs/tags/base-1_11_1
.../libs/tags/base-1_12_0
.../libs/tags/base-1_13_0
.../libs/tags/base-1_13_1

With the current situations the identifier base-1_13_0 is ambiguous as
it is used in both branches and and tags:

.../libs/branches/base-1_13_0
.../libs/tags/base-1_13_0

and I'm not sure whether 1.13.1 release will only be tagged or whether
another release branch will also be created.