Re: Test base library stable branch please

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: Test base library stable branch please
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:55:00 +0000

On 2 Jan 2007, at 10:16, David Ayers wrote:

address@hidden schrieb:
David Ayers schrieb:

Currently in a de_AT.UTF-8 locale these tests fail:

base/NSNumberFormatter/basic.m:
FAIL: default format same as Cocoa

 pass([str isEqual: @"1,234.57"], "default format same as Cocoa");
where str = @"1,234."

It's the tests which are broken in this case, as they compare the result of the formatting to a non-localised string (i.e. they work fine on my system in C locale, but would break in other locales). I don't know when I'll have time to fix the tests so do look at it if you want, otherwise
I'll try to fix it sometime soon.

I'm not sure if I fully agree here.  I would have expected
@"1.234,57" which of course would have also failed the test.  So yes,
the test cases need to honor localisation, yet the formatting does not
produce the expected result.

Let me know if you need me to debug this.
Yes please. It passes on my system (obviously, or I wouldn't have committed the patch ;-)) and I can't work out how to end up with a decimal point but no decimal places, given the default format string. I think the reason the thousands separator and decimal place are non-localised is a bug in -[NSNumberFormatter init], which I haven't addressed. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

Cheers,
Graham.