Re: WebObjects Dev tools (Re: some GSWeb wiki pages updated / added)

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: WebObjects Dev tools (Re: some GSWeb wiki pages updated / added)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:02:50 +0100

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> But EOModeler cares. EOModeler uses the Bridged JDBC Adaptor to
> connect to the Database. So if the Java bridge is gone EOModeler runs
> no longer.

I just edit the model in EOModeler. If I really need some killer features I
power on my old NeXTstation
turbo :D

> In WOLips you've got Entity Modeler which is basically EOModeler
> without the graphical view.

So the GS clone is already better?

> I for my part don't consider this critical since I can live without
> it. I use the HTML Editor as part of the WOD component editor which
> WOLips provides on a daily base. It supports syntax highlighting,
> syntax checking and code formatting which is more important for me
> than to have a rendering preview. If you're creating highly dynamic
> pages the preview WOBuilder provides isn't very useful anyway. But of
> course everybody has his own preferences.

Sure. Syntax highlightning and formatting is very important. How about
bindings? Is it able to parse
header files?
Will you have the methods/instance variables in a list to connect them to the
component/dynamic
element?

Dave

--
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,