Re: GNUstep development vmware appliance on Solaris 10

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep development vmware appliance on Solaris 10
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:34:17 +0100

Get in contact with Andreas Hoeschler (address@hidden) or Mark Brünink (address@hidden) of SmartSoft, they use Solaris in their company

regards, Lars

Am 13.01.2007 um 21:37 schrieb T.J. Yang:

I like to create a this vmware image that any new comer (that is me ;) can easily compile gnustep on solaris 10 by just a simple command "make gnustep".

Ok that is goal, here is the plan.

1. Create a 10G(or less) big soalris 10 image.
2. install Sunstudio with patches.
3. install patches for solaris 10 x86.
4. install obj compiler from blastwave.org
5. release the makefile and sources needed to achieve.
  5.1 "make clean" erase all existing gnustep compiled binaris
  5.2 "make gnustep" compile all the make,core etc gnustep components.
5.3 "make gnustep upload=1" will turn the install binary into sun package formats
        and upload to ftp.gnustep.org.
        Detail of this need to be work out.

What you can help ?
1. login into the prototype vmware image at my home to help debug the compilation issue.
2. please send me an email if you can help.

Life is short, I don't like spend hours to resolve the issue myself when others can help easily.

Regards

tj

T.J. Yang