Changes to NSControl and NSCell

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Changes to NSControl and NSCell
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:27:06 +0100

I just made some heavy changes to the editing code in NSCell and
NSControl. Could all of you, who have some time available test this
changes with their favourite GNUstep application, please.

The changes should bring the two classes much closer to a complete
OpenStep and MacOSX 10.4 behaviour as well as cleaning up the code.

But there are also some drawbacks. Up to now text fields would scroll
when the text entered did exceed the frame of the original cell. I
switched this behaviour of for all non-scrollable cells. Currently most
cells are defined as non-scrollable, which will result in text falling
of the edge of the cell. We will need a new solution here. Either we
should prevent the entry of text that is to long or change more cells
over to be scrollable. Most likely we will need both solutions.

Greg, I did also re-add my infamous mouseDown: change for NSControl.
Could you please check, if this version works for you? If not, we need
to move the retain/release up to the window level.

Cheers,