Re: Delay of release....

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Delay of release....
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:03:10 +0100 (CET)

> Here's the procedure for actually making a release:
>
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_release_procedure

Ok ... thanks.  I suppose for gnustep-make I can do all the steps up to tagging
the release, then you or Gregory will send out announces and manage the release
publishing ?

I'd plan to do the release in a couple of weeks, so I might get time to write
a bit of documentation for it first.

> here's the policy for version numbering and when to make a release
> (applies more to libraries, though):
>
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_release_policy

It doesn't seem to apply that easily to gnustep-make. ;-)

But since 1.13.0 we have dropped the library suffixes and changed the ./obj
directories ... if you have stuff compiled with 1.13.0 on your machine when you
install the new gnustep-make you might need to recompile everything. :-)

That seems to deserve at least bumping up the minor number to 1.14.0! ;-)

Thanks

PS: When we complete the Linux/general FHS support (which is not far, I'm
getting there, a last big effort [involving also gnustep-base] and it will be
done) I'd like to bump the gnustep-make version number straight up to 2.0.0.
Which will be deserved because of the massive psychological/practical impact of
the change. ;-)